Wednesday, December 17

This is something new for me. I haven't done this previously, but decided that it would be fun to keep a record of my days and happenings.


Simple Woman’s Day book ~ Dec. 17, 2008
December 17, 2008

FOR TODAY . . .

Outside my window. . . Bright and sunny. The snow is truly glistening! It's about 17 degrees out, with about 3" of snow accumulation.


I am thinking. . . about how behind I am on my blogging. I have tons, and I mean TONS of photos to download. Our gas fireplace is on the fritz so it's pretty darn chilly in here. Hence the lack of blogging activity. I need to remember to have Scott call Hicks Gas this afternoon.


I am thankful for. . .Our home, our family, our many freedoms, and those who are praying that Scott finds a new job quickly after his current one ends. His last day is Friday.


From the schoolroom. . . Just finishing up the week. Then Christmas break until Jan. 5.


From the kitchen. . . Apple and Cinnamon Oatmeal for breakfast. Corn dogs and carrot sticks for lunch. Salad for me. Beans and Bacon with cornbread for dinner tonight.


I am wearing. . . My red snowman sweatshirt, navy blue slacks, and socks on my feet. My hair is brushed. No make-up.


I am creating. . . Pajama's for the little ones. 2 pairs each. Wool hat and mittens for the oldest, Fleece hats and mittens for the little ones. Our Christmas cards for the year, which need to be in the mail by the end of the week.


I am going. . . Nowhere tonight. Scott is picking up milk, eggs, toilet paper, and 7-up on the way home. Skaterboy's 16th birthday was last night, and this morning around 4:30ish, he tossed his cookies all over his bed. Not my favorite wake-up call, that's for sure.


I am reading. . . Creating a Charmed Life - Victoria Moran; Making your Home a Haven - Cindy Salzman; Created to be his Help Meet - Debi Pearl; The Power of Motherhood - Nancy Campbell; and Spirit of the Buffalo - John Hough. The last book listed, I am reading to the kids.


I am hoping. . . that Scott finds a decent paying job soon; that we are able to get the fireplace fixed quickly and inexpensively; that Skaterboy's glasses are in this week; and that I can get our Christmas cards out by Friday.


I am hearing. . . the washing machine, and the dishwasher; our children in the background, chatting and getting along. What a blessing....

Around the house. . . washing bedding from Skaterboy's room, folding laundry, dishes, putting clothes away.


One of my favorite things. . . Enjoying some peace and quiet. Taking my time to enjoy the day today. Starting a new bible study. Looking out the window at the beautiful white covered ground, sparkling in the sunlight.


A few plans for the rest of the week. . . 4-H Christmas party tomorrow night; Friday morning playgroup outing; a trip to the library; Christmas play practice on Saturday; Christmas play performance Sunday, with a potluck afterward.


Here is picture thought I am sharing.


No comments: