Monday, April 14

DEPTH

I've been thinking a lot about "depth" lately, and how this blog is going. Do I want it to be just about family stuff, or do I want it to be something more? I believe I would like the latter. I would like to be able to help other homeschoolers learn new things that they didn't know before.

This past weekend my dh and I attended our first homeschool convention in Peoria. It was such a wonderful experience, and we really did learn more than we could have ever imagined.If you are considering homeschooling, or are homeschooling right now, I recommend that you attend a homeschool convention in your area. You will be surrounded with people just like you, who want more than anything, to give their child a love for learning, and the best education possible.

I would like to share some of the information that I learned at the conference with you, and hopefully help you along the homeschooling way. Starting tomorrow, I will begin to post notes from one of the workshops we attended. Each consecutive day, I will post another.

Here is a list of the workshops dh and I attended:
1. Family Unity (Tuesday's Post)
2. Dealing With The Difficult Child (Wednesday's Post)
3. Teaching Boys and Other Children Who Would Rather Make Forts All Day (Thurs. Post)
4. Patterns For Planning and Paperwork (Friday's Post)
5. I Wish I had Known This When I Was A Kid (Saturday's Post)

I hope you will enjoy reading these, as I have learned more from these 5 workshops than I could have ever imagined.
God Bless AND Have A Great Day!

No comments: