Thursday, February 19

Simple Women's Daybook -- February 19, 2009

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Simple Woman's Day book - Thurs., Feb. 19

Simple Woman’s Day book ~

FOR TODAY . . .

Outside my window. . . Bright and sunny. No snow. Looks very much like Spring is right around the corner.

I am thinking. . . The path that God is leading us on. It seems to be following a consistent path of spiritual growth and learning to trust in Him. I will elaborate more on this, as I find out more myself.

I am thankful for. . . My test results from the endoscopy I had about a month ago. They called yesterday to confirm that there was no sign of anything other than acid reflux disease. Even my Beret's esophagus has gone away, which was a huge surprise to me since I didn't know that it could go away. As you can imagine, I was very excited to hear this.

From the schoolroom. . . . Skaterboy has been working diligently on his Early American History. He has recently done studies on The Boston Massacre, Paul Revere (the true story, not just the poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow) , Dr. Church, Benjamin Franklin, and the signing of the Declaration of Independence. In math he is currently working on algebraic equations involving percentages; In science he has been studying global warming, and the ozone. He is currently reading Kidnapped by Robert L. Stevenson, and in English he is just about to start a new chapter.

Truthseeker is toward the end of his "Tiptoes" (A Beka) reading book. He is currently working on adding and subtracting in math. In science he is currently studying magnets (God's World -- A Beka), in history and geography, he is just beginning a chapter on "Our Country and Beyond". He is doing well in spelling, and is quite the little artist in his nature study notebook.

Both kids are learning Latin.


From the kitchen... Breakfast: French toast; Lunch: PB&J's, carrot sticks, and Cheese-It crackers; Supper: Marinated sirloin steak in the crock pot with roasted root vegetables (sweet potato and carrots).

I am wearing. . . Dare I say that I am still in my pj's?

I am creating. . . Costumes for Saturday. A couple of homeschool friends are throwing a birthday party and we all have to dress up as our favorite classical storybook character. Can you guess who mine is? If you answered, Josephine March with a big patch on her booty, you are correct. Skaterboy hasn't decided on who he wants to be yet, Truthseeker chose Huckleberry Finn, Thumbody is going as Sherlock Holmes, and Scott is undecided, at this moment as well. I'm sure we will come up with something for everyone.


On the home front....Mostly home remodeling projects. Yesterday we began what we thought would be an easy job of installing a new bedroom door. We purchased a prehung one, so we thought how hard could that be? Well needless to say, we are still trying to get the darn door to sit right. Our house is not level, making the job more difficult than we first imagined it would be. If you have any ideas, please feel free to comment.

I am going. . . Skaterboy has basketball practice at noon; 4-H at 6:30; a trip to the grocery store, and to the library.


I am hearing. . .The spin cycle on the washing machine, the kids "getting along" in the living room. Wait... what did I say?

One of my favorite things. . . Some time to myself... Ahhh, the joy of it!


A few plans for the rest of the week. . . Field trip to the children's museum in Bloomington tomorrow morning with our nature study group, then onto Midwest Christian Academy to register Skaterboy for next year, and pay the annual tuition; Midnight madness crop at Cindy's house tomorrow night; Skaterboy's basketball game in Decatur on Saturday morning, then back home and off to a birthday party for 2 homeschool friends.


A photo I feel like sharing.... Don't you wish it were Summer? I have been longing for Summer lately.




Truthseeker in our backyard pool, 2008.

No comments: