Wednesday, January 21

Simple Woman's Daybook - Wed., Jan. 21, 2009

Simple Woman’s Day book ~ January 21, 2009

FOR TODAY . . .Outside my window. . . Bright and sunny, but still a lot of snow on the ground. 33 degrees outside.


I am thinking. . . I am continuing to think about my health. Hoping for good news on the 29th.

I am thankful for. . . my family :) Even though right now I hear my middle child crying, my youngest child throwing a fit, and my dh trying to reason with them. I guess the Lego's are off-limits for the rest of the day. I say, thank goodness... because they are scattered about the house, and I am personally tired of the bickering about them.

From the schoolroom. . . . Lots of things planned. Skaterboy has exams in social studies and English; He has an algebra assignment to finish, and needs to continue working on his global warming project. Truthseeker has reading and phonics, math (addition), a science experiment using magnets, and social studies review for test tomorrow.

From the kitchen...Bagels and cream cheese for breakfast. No cream cheese for me (mashed avocado, instead). Potato soup and sandwiches for lunch; Dinner ???? I will have to figure something out soon. I usually like to plan my menu a week ahead of time, but this week has been totally thrown to the chickens.

I am wearing. . . Still in my pjs (oooops... I didn't say that). I am barefoot.

I am creating. . . Still wanting to finish all this stuff, but it's not getting done. I absolutely have to sew these cute little slippers http://family-centered.com/needleworks/soft-baby-shoes/ for my nephew Samuel's first birthday next week. Still needing to sew the hats and mittens that were supposed to be under the tree for the kids this Christmas. Scrapbooking tomorrow morning at my dear friend Cindy's house. Yay!!!! A break!

I am going. . . to have an ultrasound at 1 p.m. because of the pain on my left side. Still need to go grocery shopping, but can't until I assess what we still have. We have our "Truth Project" small group meeting for church tonight at 7 p.m.

I am reading. . . Still reading the same books. Need to finish For the Children's Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and School (Child-Life Book) for our Charlotte Mason book club meeting on Jan. 22. ( Not done yet! Ugghh...) I have 1 day... Oh well, it's only 1 chapter, and I am hoping to get it read while in the waiting room at the doctor's office today.

I am hoping. . . Still no word on the job. He really didn't have the qualifications for it anyway. I just wish that he would get out of the house, and look more than he has. He's not really looking as hard as I would think that he should. He is really in my way.

I am hearing. . . the kids, and my husband having a discussion about batteries for some toy they have.

Around the house. . .Ditto... There is so much that needs to be done that I can't even begin to list where I need to start. Yes, it has gotten that bad lately. Time to dig my way out. Yesterday we made a big dent in our bedroom. I am rearranging, and moving the bed. Hopefully this gets finished today.

One of my favorite things. . . Sitting in our family room, with a roaring fire, and reading with no disturbances.

A few plans for the rest of the week. . . The hallway is still not painted, but hopefully soon, once it warms up a little. We did manage to put the storm windows on in Skaterboy's room, and in our room yesterday. Our plans this week contain finishing up our bedroom, a couple of doctor's appts. Truthseeker has a dentist appt., church activities, scrapbooking, paying bills, library, and probably more things that I am forgetting, at this moment. It's a busy week.

A photo I feel like sharing.... No photo for today, as I am on Skaterboy's laptop, and my photos are downloaded on my computer in the family room.

In the words of my dearest friend Michelle S.... "Have A Great Day!" Love ya, Chelle.

No comments: