Saturday, August 23

Marathon Crop!!!

Okay, so most of you know that I love scrapbooking. Some of you know that I am a big fan of Stacy Julian. Who is she, you ask? Well, have you ever seen Scrapbook Memories TV show, on PBS? She was also the editor for Simple Scrapbooks Magazine, for many years. Her blog is called, Altogether Too Happy. She also owns the company called: Big Picture Scrapbooking. It's an online tutorial for anything from photography to cardmaking, to scrapbooking, to journaling. Classes taught by celebrity scrapbookers. There are always lots of freebie classes too. Stacy's words make her a great scrapbooker, although her layouts are nice too. She uses profound words, like "Live your life... and This is Big!" One of the biggest things I have learned from Stacy is to print random photos out of the context that you intended, and look deeper at them. Look for the personality that the person in the photo is showing. Do something different. This is Big!!! In her words.

Well, this weekend was the BIG WIG BASH Party at Big Picture Scrapbooking. A 30 hour on-line marathon starting yesterday at noon. Now we were in Springfield visiting Abraham Lincolns home yesterday, so I didn't get to start until around 4 p.m. I scrapbooked until 2:30 a.m. this morning. Then this morning, we took the kids to the Funk Mansion and Mineral Museum. (Most awesome tour ever... I will elaborate on this more in tomorrow's post. So please look for it. Let's just say that if you are ever traveling on I-55 through Central Illinois, it's a must see, and it's absolutely free! Not even a donation box! You get a 3 1/2 hour tour, for free.) Okay, back to the crop. So I started the marathon again today, at 2 p.m. and finished when the crop ended at 5 p.m PST., or 7 p.m. our time. There was a challenge every hour, but not all of them were scrapbooking challenges. All prizes were rewarded during hour 30. Of course I didn't win any of them, but I had fun, and that's what it was all about anyway. It was free, and it was definitely inspirational. Out of the 10 layout challenges, I completed 7. These are listed below. By the way, we had to wear a wig for the party. Well, not for the whole party, but you had to have someone take your picture with your wig on. Mine is posted in a layout below. Enjoy, I hope it's inspirational.

These are going backwards, but Challenge 7 was to create a layout using a magazine ad as a template. I used a chatterbox ad, which I didn't post, because I know you don't really want to see the ad anyway.
Challenge 6. Sayings. Is there a saying in your family, that is used over and over again? These are ours.
Challenge 5. Scallops. Make a page using scallops. Easy enough.
Challenge 4. Strips. Make a page using strips. This is my layout wearing my BIG WIG!
Challenge 3. Make a layout using Stacy's Words. This is BIG... Etc...
Challenge 2. Make a layout using the title: 8 things that people have said or written about me that I can neither confirm nor deny.
Challenge 1. Make a layout using a nickname someone has given you. Uncle Steve, if you are reading this. You are my favorite too! You are the funniest, and most fun uncle I could ever possibly have. I am truly blessed to have you in my life.

No comments: