Friday, June 12

Looking out over Branson, Lunch at Fuddrucker's, and Spending the day with Grandma..... Priceless!!!

These photos aren't exactly in order, because we actually ate before we stopped by this scenic observatory on our way back to the condo. The view was breathtaking. If you look to the far right, you can see part of Celebration City,(we didn't go there this time) which has killer roller coasters, if you're into that sort of thing. My boys are, so I'm all up on roller coasters. I think I personally have had my fill of them, and am very thankful that Truthseeker is now tall enough to ride with Skaterboy. I used to be his riding partner, and am glad that I don't have to be any longer.
A sweet photo of Skaterboy walking towards me. Why is it that teenagers think that if they smile their face will crack? It's hard to get him to smile for photos now that he's a teenager. Is melancholy in style or something? Maybe I'm just out of the loop.

I think the kids really enjoyed our stop. It was a chance for them to actually "feel" that they had been in the Ozark mountains. That was my goal anyway.
Lunch at Fuddrucker's. Still one of my favorite hamburger places. Vicki, if you're reading this, do you remember what we used to call Fuddrucker's back in the day? I still always think of that whenever we drive by one.

Grandma and I. Can you tell we're related?

ON THE HOME FRONT
Today was nice and sunny out. Scott left the house early today to take Skaterboy and a friend to Walmart to buy a World of Warcraft game. I'll save my opinions about WOW later for another post, but my sweetie made coffee for me this morning, so I was happy when I awoke. He then went to pick up a couple Freecycle things I had been given, and to the pharmacy to pick up another (stronger) antibiotic for his cellulitis, which still isn't completely gone, and Scaterboy's inhaler. When he returned, and I had been bugged more than a dozen times by neighbor kids standing in front of our house waiting for us to let them go swimming in our pool (I'll get to my opinion on that later, as well) the kids cleaned up their messes, Scott got ready for work, and left.
After he left for work, I did allow the neighbor kids to come over and swim, while I sat outside leisurely reading a saucy novel (okay, please don't judge me, but I bought the book "Story Telling" by Tori Spelling) that I honestly had a hard time putting down. I love to watch "Tori and Dean", I'm guilty....so sue me. I am also wanting to purchase "Mommywood" after I'm done with this book, which should be a in day or two. I almost have to force myself to quite reading, or I'll be done with it too quickly. I must admit, it's very good. If you know me at all, you will know that I usually buy a few mindless books each summer to enjoy while I watch the kids swim. I don't always like to be in the pool with them, and the escape from reality for awhile, is a treasured treat, and something I look forward to.
For dinner we had the honey shrimp recipe that I posted below a couple days ago. Just posting it made me hungry for it, and to my surprise these shrimp were already pealed and deveined for me. I know where I'm going to buy my shrimp from now on (Walmart). Much easier. I made it the original way tonight, with the egg white and cornstarch. It was really good, but a bit heavier than the way I usually make it without the breading. I think I'll go back to my way of choice next time. The shrimp were definitely crispier this way though.
So now it's about 8:30 p.m., the kids are in the other room watching a Clone Wars cartoon, and I am here at the computer, getting ready to shut it down for the night, get the kids in bed, and plan my day tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow I will actually get something on my list done.
Good bye for tonight! Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found the summer info you were looking for on my blog.
I'm putting the final touches on my "plan" for this summer and should be posting it on Wednesday.

Thanks for reading.